reiki at the yoga center retreat
what is reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese form of energy medicine that can be translated as “universal life force energy” or “spiritually guided life force energy.” It was founded in the late 1800’s by a Buddhist monk named Dr. Mikao Usui. Through his intensive spiritual practices and search for enlightenment, the gift of Reiki was bestowed upon him after fasting for 21 days. He claims that the Reiki energy and symbols he was energetically attuned to were the keys to enlightenment and higher levels of consciousness.
Reiki is thought of to be a sacred practice where the practitioner serves as a conduit for Divine energies to channel the Reiki healing light through, boosting the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Reiki is both a hands on and hands off form of treatment, where the practitioner works in the energetic field of the recipient and also applies gentle pressure and light touch to various parts of the body to balance one’s energy system.
Reiki is a great tool to add to your wellness toolbox and is used as a complement to western medicine. It works hand-in-hand with the Chakratic system, under the philosophy that as the chakras come online and become balanced, one experiences true peace and well-being. Reiki focuses on stimulating a healing response in 4 key areas of our overall health and wellness, which are:
- Physical well-being: Boosts circulation, reduces inflammation, boosts the immune system, speeds up recovery, and decreases physical pain.
- Mental well-being: Reduces stress and anxiety, alleviates symptoms of depression, grief/trauma, and has an uplifting and balancing affect on the mind.
- Emotional well-being: brings in deep peace and relaxation and allows us to become more heart centered beings. Emotions can get stuck in the body and energetic field, and Reiki is a tool that helps alleviate energetic blockages and helps us move through the pain and discomfort and come back into balance.
- Spiritual well-being: Reiki helps us reconnect with our innermost selves. It helps us feel more connected with self, others, and all that is. Reiki expands our perspective and deepens our spiritual growth—whatever that means for each person individually.
reiki classes & workshops
yin & reiki nidra (monthly)
Yin & Reiki Nidra combines the gentle, guided deep relaxation response of yoga nidra, combined with the healing properties of Reiki, providing you with the opportunity to come back to your center and experience true peace and relaxation.
intro to the akashic records
The Akashic Records are said to hold ALL energetic information from the soul’s unique journey, whether it be past lives, present lives, future lives, life in-between lives, and/or cosmic lives. When we consciously choose to start working with them we are able to transcend limiting beliefs and patterns, allowing for a clearer vision of our true purpose to manifest here on Earth.
REIKI PRACTITIONER training
become a certified reiki practitioner
You will become certified in the Usui System of Natural Healing as a certified Reiki Practitioner (Usui Shiki Ryoho). These Reiki courses stem from Usui, Tibetan, Angelic, and Galactic origin. You will receive Angelic and Galactic keys, light codes, and activations throughout your attunement to help assist you in connecting with your divine life blueprint, Higher Self, and soul purpose. There are 3 levels of training:
- Level 1
- Level 2: Must be Level 1 certified
- Master Level: Must be Level 2 certified
about cody cooper, reiki master
Our Reiki offerings are led by Cody Cooper, who completed his RYT 500 certification here at The Yoga Center Retreat. Cody is a Reiki Master, Spiritual Coach, Akashic Therapist and Author.
Cody supports others in connecting with their Higher Self and soul purpose. He utilizes various techniques and spiritual tools such as energy work, meditation and guided visualizations, and the Akashic Records to help others step into a greater sense of peace and divine alignment.