discover your divine nature IN grand marais
may 2-5, 2024 – gunflint lodge
Yoga teaches us that we are all Divine by using the breath to connect our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. By accepting ourselves completely in the moment, we can discover who we truly are and create space for what our spirit is here to do. Join Mark Wheat and Annie Fitzgerald for a long weekend of Avita yoga and sound healing while surrounded by the beauty of the North Shore. You will spend 3 nights at the Gunflint Lodge in Grand Marais, MN, using all of your senses to promote healing in the physical and energy bodies.
Mark Wheat will design special Avita classes for each day; in the morning to awaken the body and prepare the mind to enjoy the relaxing surroundings and enter a state of deep restoration. Then in the late afternoon, class will calm the body and open the mind to a meditative evening of sound and connecting to the inner divine.
After dinner, you will explore current astrological energy with Annie Fitzgerald (a sound healer, Reiki Master, and transformational astrologer), then surrender to the sound of crystal bowls, sacred voice, gongs, drums, shakers, chimes and more! The sound vibrations will enhance your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being and clear energy blockages so you can enter into a deeply restorative and meditative state. If time permits, Mark will then prepare you for sleep through guided Yoga Nidra.
At different times in the evenings, you’ll want to step outside and take in the mystical sights of the northern Dark Skies. With no city lights to compete with, the stars and Milky Way shine brightly, and there are often beautiful displays of Northern Lights dancing across the heavens in shades of blue, green and violet. The moon will be in its waning crescent state, symbolizing the pause at the end of an inhale, and the time to bask in the fullness and expansion of all that has been given to you.
Come discover your divine nature through the physical practice of Avita yoga, the sacred sounds of voice and instruments, and the sights of celestial bodies in the skies above!
- 3 nights lodging (all shared occupancy, maximum 2 per bedroom/4 per cabin)
- All meals starting with dinner the first night and ending with breakfast on the last day in the lodge at Justine’s
- Opening circle
- Morning and afternoon Avita yoga classes daily
- (2) Group sound healing sessions
- Evening Yoga Nidra
- Naturalist programs, including a Northern Lights presentation and a guided night hike
- Closing circle
- 8am: Avita Yoga
- 9:30am: Breakfast and free time on own
- 11am: Lunch available
- 4pm: Avita Yoga
- 6pm: Group Dinner
- 7pm: Sound Healing
- 8:30pm: Yoga Nidra
Exact times and itinerary subject to change.
investment (per person)
- Shared occupancy: $895
payment & cancellation policy
A $300 deposit saves your spot. Once registered, the deposit is non-refundable.
- The remaining balance is due on or before March 2, 2024
- If canceling on or before December 2, 2023 all but the $300 deposit will be refunded
- If canceling between December 3, 2023 and March 2, 2024 50% will be refunded, minus the $300 deposit
- There is no refund for cancellations made on or after March 3, 2024
- Transportation to/from the retreat
- Guided excursions and tours (can be arranged directly with the lodge)
- Costs associated with free time
- Appetizers, desserts and alcoholic beverages (may be purchased on own)
These 2-bedroom, classic lake front cabins all feature a private sauna, living room with a fireplace and full kitchen. Each bedroom has 2 queen beds and both bedrooms have their own bathrooms. You can view the actual cabins below. Specific cabin requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis, and subject to change based upon occupancy.
- Cabin #16: https://gunflint.com/experiences/our-cabins/gunflint-lake-homes/cabin-16/
- Cabin #17: https://gunflint.com/experiences/our-cabins/gunflint-lake-homes/cabin-17/
- Cabin #18: https://gunflint.com/experiences/our-cabins/gunflint-lake-homes/cabin-18/
- Cabin #19: https://gunflint.com/experiences/our-cabins/gunflint-lake-homes/cabin-19/
activities included during the retreat
- Interpretive Naturalist programs (hikes, presentations & crafts): https://gunflint.com/interpretive-naturalist-programs/
- Northern Lights presentation with a staff Naturalist
- Self guided hikes: https://gunflint.com/activities/summer-activities/hiking/
- Ice skates for use at their rink
- Ski rentals
oPTIONAL EXCURsIONS & activities
Excursions must be arranged directly with the Gunflint Lodge.
- Private Reiki session with Annie (limited availability): $125/person
- Activities arranged directly with the lodge, such as cross-country skiing, ice fishing and sleigh rides: https://gunflint.com/activities/winter-activities/
- Things to do on the Gunflint Trail: https://www.visitcookcounty.com/places-to-visit/gunflint-trail/
- Things to do in Grand Marais: https://www.visitcookcounty.com/places-to-visit/grand-marais/